ProtonVPN is a solid option for users who prioritize privacy and security and don’t mind paying a little extra for it. In this article, we will take a deep dive of using ProtonVPN.
Summary Of Features
Proton VPN Features
- Military-grade encryption: ProtonVPN uses AES-256 encryption to protect users’ data from hackers and other malicious actors. This level of encryption is the same as that used by government agencies and military organizations.
- Secure Core: ProtonVPN’s Secure Core feature routes users’ internet traffic through multiple servers in different countries, making it difficult for hackers to trace the user’s location or intercept their data.
- No-log policy: ProtonVPN does not store any logs of users’ online activity, ensuring that users’ privacy is protected at all times.
- Kill Switch: ProtonVPN’s Kill Switch feature automatically disconnects users from the internet if the VPN connection is lost, preventing the user’s IP address and data from being exposed.
- Multi-platform support: ProtonVPN supports a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- P2P support: ProtonVPN allows users to share files and data via peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, making it a great option for users who need to share large files or access P2P networks.
- Tor integration: ProtonVPN can be used in conjunction with Tor, the anonymity network, to provide an added layer of security and privacy for users.
- Automatic updates: ProtonVPN automatically updates the software to ensure that users are always protected against the latest security threats.
- Fast speeds: ProtonVPN provides fast and reliable internet speeds, allowing users to stream and download content without interruption.
- Free version: ProtonVPN offers a free version of its service, allowing users to test out the features before committing to a paid plan.
What we like and dislike about Proton VPN
Proton VPN Pros and Cons
- Strong encryption: ProtonVPN uses AES-256 encryption, which is considered to be one of the strongest encryption methods available.
- No-logs policy: ProtonVPN has a strict no-logs policy, which means that they do not keep any records of your online activity.
- Free version available: ProtonVPN offers a free version of their service, which allows users to test the VPN and see if it meets their needs before committing to a paid plan.
- Easy to use: ProtonVPN has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all experience levels.
- Support for multiple platforms: ProtonVPN supports a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- Limited server selection: ProtonVPN has a limited number of servers available, which can limit users’ options for connecting to the internet.
- Slower speeds on free: Some users have reported slower internet speeds when using ProtonVPN. Most of these reports though are on the free version, so if you are willing to spend a little to upgrade, slower speeds shoudln’t be an issue.
- Limited features with free: ProtonVPN’s free version offers limited features compared to its paid plans, which can be a disadvantage for users who need more advanced features but don’t want to fork out the cash.
Upload, Download, Ping tests for Proton VPN
Proton VPN Upload and Download Speeds
Proton VPN is known for its fast speeds, but this will depend on a variety of factors, such as your internet connection, the server location you are connected to, and the level of traffic on the server. These upload, download and ping tests were done on USA servers.
It’s always recommended to test your internet speed before and after connecting to Proton VPN to get a better understanding of your current upload speed.
What about security?
Proton VPN Security
ProtonVPN is a popular virtual private network (VPN) service that is known for its strong security features. Here are the top security features that make ProtonVPN stand out:
- Military-grade encryption: ProtonVPN uses AES-256 encryption, which is considered to be one of the strongest encryption algorithms available.
- Kill Switch: ProtonVPN has a built-in Kill Switch feature which ensures that your internet connection is cut off if the VPN connection is lost.
- Secure Core: ProtonVPN’s Secure Core feature routes your traffic through multiple servers in secure locations before it reaches the internet.
- No-logs policy: ProtonVPN has a strict no-logs policy, which means that the company does not keep any records of your internet activity.
- OR support: ProtonVPN allows you to route your traffic through the TOR network, which provides an additional layer of security and privacy.
- SampleSecure Streaming: ProtonVPN also allows you to access geo-restricted content and streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, securely and anonymously. Item
- Sample ItemP2P support: ProtonVPN allows you to use P2P (peer-to-peer) networks securely and anonymously.
It’s worth noting that ProtonVPN offers a free version as well as a paid version with more features and options.
How much does Proton VPN cost?
Proton VPN Pricing
Proton VPN offers a Free plan with no data limits, no artificial speed limits, and no compromises on your privacy and security as well as premier plans.
Free Plan Free
VPN Plus Monthly Plan Charged Every Month
VPN PLUS 1 Year Plan Charged Every Month
2 Year Plan Best Values
Proton VPN provides a money-back guarantee for all subscriptions if requested within the first 30 days.